St Monans, KY10 2DB £10 per hour
Role - Butchery Assistant: 35- 40 hours per week @£10-12 per hour.
Rota will be Tuesday – Saturday weekly with one Sunday a month for Bowhouse Market weekend.
Location – Butchery at Bowhouse, Bowhouse, St Monans, Fife, KY10 2DB
Reports to – Butchery Manager.
A really exciting opportunity for someone who wants to learn more about the butchery trade and develop their skill set and knowledge. Butchery at Bowhouse is a new and growing business, part of Balcaskie Estate. We specialise in whole carcass butchery and dry aging, using high welfare, organic, grass fed, native breed meat. The majority of our meat comes directly from our own farm giving us a unique relationship with our product. Sophie, our butchery manager, has worked in the butchery trade for 8 years, first in London before moving to Fife to set up the butchery. She has a passion for sharing knowledge and using butchery to get the very best out of every cut of every animal.
This role will suit someone who is passionate about quality food, meat in particular, and believes in supporting sustainable and regenerative farming systems. The job will involve working full time with Sophie. The successful applicant will be trained until they are at the point where they can take full responsibility for specific jobs.
The successful candidate will be;
• Someone with experience in food preparation, although not necessarily within the butchery industry.
• Someone who wants to work hard, learn and improve their skills.
• A person who can listen and take instruction as well as using their initiative when called for.
• Someone who can work well within a small team and is highly dependable.
• A practical person who is happiest moving around on their feet all day.
• Someone who can take charge of the responsibilities they are given.
• Someone who is personable and presentable.
Butchery at Bowhouse is one of 7 food and drink businesses based at Bowhouse in the East Neuk of Fife. Our neighbours include; an Organic Flour Mill, Organic Brewing and Distilling Unit, Café and Pop-up Take Away, Zero Waste Refill Shop, Cut and Edible Flower Grower, Market Garden Veg Plot and a Gym. These businesses form the core of Bowhouse, creating a Fife Food Hub. The monthly market brings many more traders and customers, aiming to replace the missing link in the food chain from famers to consumer by providing dedicated space for producers to operate, share and learn in.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Balcaskie Estate Office
Easter Kellie Farm
Closing Date 16/04/2021